Captain's Diary ... Back to Sea




When I came onboard on May 15th, the out-going Master, Captain M. Krup, gave me a rousing welcome. My first look at him; he looked very tired.  After five months out to see no wonder he is tired!

It was about lunch time but I wanted to have a cup of tea. From the tea that the steward brought, I knew, I already had a problem on my hands.  Capt. Krup’s report confirmed my thoughts. By the looks of him  he seems a bit over weight and carrying his own weight seems a problem.

Captain Krup handed over the ship’s documents, etc.,  and everything was in  fine order.  After signing a few documents I finally took over my command. Captain Krup left the ship around 8.00 Pm and we sailed out at 10.30 PM.

Back to sea…it was a clear night with an unobstructed view of  the milky- way-galaxy. We made our way across the ocean  taking a westerly course and then south towards the destination of Acajutla the only port in El Salvador.

While in transit to the Gulf of Tehuantepec we encountered choppy seas .

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment