Proceeding to Mumbai for studies

I signed off the ship in September 1984. And, I applied to Lal Bahadur Shastri Nautical College in Bombay to continue my studies for my next exam which was the First Mates' Foreign Going.   It is now called the Class II certificate. Thereafter, I received a letter from the Ministry of Shipping in India informing me that I had been accepted. 
         
Lal Bahadur Shastri Nautical College is one of the best Nautical Colleges in the world.  It had some of the world’s best lecturers including, Capt. T.K. Joseph (Extra Master), Late Capt. S.S.S. Rewari (Extra Master) and Capt. H. Subramaniam, (Extra Master).

During the planning of our trip to Bombay, I contacted our dear friends, Jude and Judy, and requested them to find a place for us to dwell during our stay there. In response to my request, my friend had replied stating that an Officer attached to the Ministry of Finance had agreed to give one of his flats in Bombay to us on rent. It was very good news.

With the help of God, we had almost everything in place prior to our departure. We left Sri Lanka for Bombay, India in November 1984. On arrival at the Bombay Airport our friends were there to meet us. We were then taken to a hotel in Bandra where our friends had planned to put us up for the night. It was good to be back in Bombay. As, during days of sailing, I always felt that Bombay was my second home port. Now a married man, and my wife being around, my life in Bombay was a bit restricted. We met our friends Jude and Judy after about a year therefore, they gave us an update of all what was happening there.


                                   Entrance L.B.S. Nautical & Engineering College, Mumbai
    
                                                    L.B.S. College in Mumbai


No comments:

Post a Comment