While serving on the "Atlantic Universal" few incidents that I remember.

The ship loaded cargo for a port in South Atlantic Ocean, and sailed out of Le-Havre. We experienced very bad weather and it was in the month of November that year.  As it was found not safe to navigate on the planned route, the Captain decided to come towards the Island of Azores and cross the Atlantic. A day on the new route and we found that the weather improved. The Captain seemed more relaxed and came up to me and said “Come John, let us sing the national Anthem.” 

Then I said to him “Sir, you sing yours and I will sing mine!”

He did not like that but there seemed nothing much he could do about it.

With that, I had to face more rough weather onboard the ship while all the others were enjoying the good weather in mid Atlantic Ocean.

3 comments: