Taking A Break From Sea

After sailing for four months with the Australian company, I signed off the ship and returned home. Thereafter, I sailed on a bulk carrier that was trading between Indonesia, Malaysia and Sri Lanka. The vessel mostly carried cement clinker and Gypsum in bulk. It was great because I had the opportunity of returning home at least once a month. With a few breaks, I continued with this company till the end of 2007. Thankfully, it was plain sailing on those ships.
In November 2007, I visited Toronto and Montreal with my wife and we experienced very bad winter weather. Although the weather was not to our advantage, the holiday we spent there, travelling to various places with our relations and friends was rather welcome. I found in Toronto, there were so many Sri Lankans that you could get anything you need and more.
In December, we returned to Sri Lanka via London. We stayed two weeks in London and I was able to take my wife to show her my old college - Sir John Cass - where I did Maritime Studies. It was a great trip - memories to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment