Captain T. K. Joseph


2012 was the first time that the Day of the Seafarer really got celebrated in India.

Over 2000 seafarers gathered for the function that was held in Mumbai.

Amongst the many speeches and presentations made on the occasion, one remarkable gesture of the seafaring community that stood out strikingly was their acknowledgment of Capt T. K. Joseph’s immense contribution to maritime training. Considered an icon of maritime education for having helped to raise the standard of maritime education in the country during his forty years of dedication to this field, he was presented a memento as a token of appreciation. 


I was honored to have Captain T.K. Joseph as an instructor.  I have great respect for him as a teacher and seafarer.

4 comments:

  1. I was also taught by Capt T K Joseph back in the 1980s. An excellent teacher and an extremely good man. I had visited him at his home with my uncle who knew Capt Joseph to seek some advice regarding my career.
    Many Second Mate students avoided classes at LBS, Bombay. However, Capt Joseph's class, nobody missed. Many students ended up standing as the class will be full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir,
      It is extremely inspiring to read such articles about our super seniors.
      I urge your grace to kindly tell us more about our maritime legends and also mention their ship no
      .

      Delete
  2. There is no match to Capt. T.K. Joseph's humble nature. On one occasion I was not able to understand a princple of navigation topic and Capt. Joseph was leaving for home after college hours . He reopened his office and sat diwn to explain to me . Great man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He taught me for 2m, M and Masters. Amazing technical knowledge, clarity of thought and reasoning, combined with the ability to convey the same across lucidly. 47 years on, I still remember some of his lectures verbatim.

    ReplyDelete