I joined St.Joseph's College.


My family moved to Colombo in 1958. For my further studies, my parents decided to send me to St. Joseph’s College. It is one of the best schools in Sri Lanka. I am so thankful to my parents for educating me and my brother at St. Joseph’s.

I still remember the day, I went there for the entrance exam to get into the Upper Kindergarten class of the College. I was accompanied by my father. When I came out after finishing the exam, I saw my father talking to some parents of other children who also had come for the same exam. The father of one child said, to my father, “Even if the children do not do well in studies towards the end of their school days, at least they will have some good friends who possibly will help one another.”

I passed the entrance test, and joined the UKG-class of the college in January, 1960.



St. Joseph's College Flag.

                                                     Main cricket grounds of the College

No comments:

Post a Comment