Transferred to Another Ship


The Regent Reliance, from early 1975 became a regular caller at Bombay. I liked it and I was sure the others did too. Around the 23rd of July the ship arrived in Bombay from Aqaba in Jordan. During this voyage we experienced very bad weather in the Arabian sea due to South West monsoons. Soon after arrival, the Second Officer, Nevis Caxton and I were informed that we had to fly to Colombo the following day to join another ship of the Company.


It was very good news for me. Getting an opportunity to come back home, after about five months. I sent a cable to my father, informing him of our arrival.


Nevis spent most of his time with us at home and only went to the hotel to sleep.  We joined the "Regent Liberty" (later the name was changed to "Climax Ruby") in Colombo on the 29th of July 1975. "Climax Ruby" is on a voyage from Bombay to Avon mouth In Bristol, England
                                            "Climax Ruby" transiting the Suez canal

No comments:

Post a Comment