Moving to our Temporary Dwelling in Andheri West, Mumbai

I went to the College, paid the fees and enrolled as a bonafide student. The Principal at that time was Capt. T.K. Joseph. I had met Capt. Subramaniam, a Senior Lecturer before and thus knew him well.

Whilst going up in the lift, he joined in and as soon as he saw me he said “Welcome to the L.B.S. Nautical College." He then asked me about how we were managing with our lodging. Possibly because I was struggling to answer his questions, he looked straight at me and called me to his office. There I explained to him our situation with regard to our lodging.

He took me immediately to Capt. Rewari,  the Vice Principal, and introduced me to him.

As we were walking into his room, I observed that there was a long queue. Capt. Rewari was seated facing the entrance to the room. As soon as he saw us coming in, he told his peon who was standing at the entrance to his room, not to send anyone in until he is ready again to see them. Capt. Subramaniam did not waste any time and explained to Capt. Rewari about my problem. Whilst, he was still talking to him, Capt. Rewari got on the phone and spoke to someone about this matter. On putting the phone down, he gave me an address in Andheri West, in Bombay, and wanted my wife and I to be there at 6.00 p.m. that very day.

On reaching the address given by Capt. Rewari, we waited at the entrance to the building complex. At sharp 6.00 p.m.,  I saw him driving in. When he and his wife got off the car we walked up and greeted them. Thereafter, we got into the lift of the building and went up to the seventh floor. As soon as we came out of the lift, Capt. Rewari walked upto the entrance of one apartment and rang the door bell. A very fair and pretty lady opened the door and invited us in. She was introduced to us as Capt. Rewari’s niece. Her husband Tarun was sailing at that time..  

Capt. Rewari explained to his niece about us and our position with regard to lodging. He gave her the assurance that he would take the entire responsibility and requested her to give us their other apartment on the 6th floor of the same building. She had no hesitation and handed over the key of that apartment to her uncle.  After serving us with sweets and tea, we were taken to the apartment on the sixth floor. As soon as I walked in, I liked the place. Thank the Lord for finding us that place. It was heaven, and we moved in after two days. The rent we paid was a very nominal one. How helpful Capt. Rewari and Capt. Subramaniam were, on this matter. I simply have no words to express my gratefulness. 
May Capt.Rewari’s soul -Rest-in-Peace.

                                                  Photo of Andheri West - Four Bungalow

No comments:

Post a Comment