Holiday in Sri Lanka

After quite a hectic work schedule, I applied for a month's leave to proceed to my native land: Sri Lanka. It was approved and I left home in Mayland, USA where I live with my family on December 3rd, 2019. And, arrived there on December 5th, 2019. This was due to a long lay over in London.

It was great to be back in Sri Lanka. The weather there in the month of December is usually not warm or humid. But, it seems like everything, weather patterns, too have changed. Very warm and humid afternoons and then the thunderstorms associated with lightning and rain showers were experienced in the evenings. 

I was able to attend my nephew's wedding, and then a very unfortunate and sad situation of sudden death of a cousin. All in a nut-shell.

Also patronized my clubs, 'Capri' and CR&FC (Ceylonese Rugby & Football Club).

Christmas was peaceful and we had a small family get together at home with live music provided by a three piece 'Calypso band'.

My mother who is topping ninety years came and spent about sixteen days with me. That was great!

"All that starts well, must end well" and, I left Colombo December 30th, and arrived in Maryland on December 31st, 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment