Patrick came looking for me.

When I returned after lunch, I saw Patrick was who was ashore, and was standing at the entrance to the club. He had come to know from the agents that I was there, and was looking for me. When I told him how I spent the night, he was happy to hear that I had a good time at the party. He then invited me to join him for dinner that day. Although I accepted his invitation, I had to change plans, as I received a message from Ritchie, stating the following:

"Come home around 7.00 p.m. Sangeetha wanted to meet you and we are also planning to go to Holiday Inn, at Juhu, for the Saturday night Disco. Please note the dress code - SMART CASUAL."

It was good news to me, and I accepted the invitation. Patrick understood my situation. As planned, I went to Ritchie’s house and, from there went to pick up, Sangeetha. When we got there, I found she was elegantly dressed for the evening. One thing I observed in her was that she did not take any alcoholic drinks. It was another late night but I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The following day, as arranged by Ritchie, I went on board an Indian ship and met with the Radio Officer. He was Ritchie's friend. The Radio Officer helped me to contact my ship on VHF, and I spoke with the Captain and requested for an extension for one more day’s shore leave. He said "You seem to be having a very good time." There was no doubt about that! He was good enough to grant me the extension. After spending three days ashore I went back to the ship. A day after that, the ship was shifted back to berth.

Thereafter, during the next few days, every evening I went out and met with Sangeetha. Coming to Mumbai city from Bandra every day was not possible. Therefore, we patronized restaurants in Linking Road, Santa Cruz, and in Andheri West. The Gazebo Restaurant in Linking Road was one place I really liked. She was great company. When I met her the day before we left Mumbai, she told me to keep in contact, because she could come and see me anywhere in the world. Working for an Air Line, that is one great privilege, I thought! 

 The ship sailed from Mumbai and was bound for Palermo, In Sicily. 


Photos of Juhu beach in Mumbai

                                                   Photo of Holiday Inn hotel in Juhu, Mumbai

No comments:

Post a Comment