Ship sailing out of Novoryssisks


I was happy that I could go ashore again, and meet Erina. It was a great evening, and captain, too, enjoyed the company of Erina and her family. As we were walking back to the ship, Captain said to me, "Aye Johnny boy, you are a lucky fellow, she is a good girl, and very pretty, too." When we came on board, he invited us for a shot of brandy. While having the brandy I asked if it was possible to take Erina along with me. He started to laugh and Peter joined him. He said "definitely not this time," but that he would check with the Port Immigration Officer regarding the procedure to follow in such situations. Unfortunately, it did not happen since the Captain became busy, as the ship was completing the cargo operation.
During our last meeting, Erina gave me a self addressed envelope and told me to write to her. A day after that the ship sailed from Novorossiysks. I thought the ship would return to Novorossiysks the next voyage, as well. Unfortunately that was not the case.  

I was left with Golden Memories and Silver Tears.



No comments:

Post a Comment