We had a good entartainer on board.


The Third Officer on the ship was Richard Rodriguese, a Goan from India . He was a very entertaining person. The ship was on it's way to Mumbai from Kisimayo. One night at sea, he handed over to me the navigational watch at midnight and went down. After he left the navigating bridge, I heard he was playing the guitar and singing, "HONEY, YOU ARE THE REASON THAT I DON’T SLEEP AT NIGHT." I enjoyed the music and especially the song because it was very relevant to me at the time. The brief, but passionate affair with Erina was haunting my mind, specially when I was alone on the bridge during watch keeping.
I shouted out to Richie, as he was called by the Captain and other officers on board, and requested him to sing that song a few more times, just the way I had heard it. He obliged. He was truly a fantastic singer.



No comments:

Post a Comment