Changing Shipping Companies

From the year 2010 to 2011, I changed a couple of companies. But kept sailing with taking long breaks.

2011 through MercMarine in Colombo I joined a vessel chartered by  APL.  It was good sailing.  And, the ship on regular basis called at few ports in the West Coast of Central and South America.

In 2012, I got transferred to Safmarine and sailed on the Own by them.  What is most important
in that year was completing and publishing my Novel ' Troubled Waters'. It is in my Facebook page.

Following is  a review of my novel:

Troubled Waters; prepared heart!

By David Wilkerson


Captain De Silva's book 'Troubled Waters' was to me an uncommonly honest look at human failure and triumph from individual levels on up. The good Captain clearly does not subscribe to today's "You can't handle the truth!" mentality as he makes it clear that EVERY person must face the truth in time's irresistible flow. This work rates five stars by me because it blends the excitement that so many readers crave in our unexciting lives with the minutia of decision making that we equally wish to avoid. Factually, our challenges in life often occur at the hands of others, and commonly through impersonal or uncaring greed. Captain De Silva's uncommon virtue is his ability to focus the reader's attention on this human characteristic without hypocritical venom. To see corruption covering a land like a flood, the right thing to do is to focus good where you can with full acknowledgment of the source of that good. This he does.

Very recently, one of my aviation students asked me about the duties of a sea-captain. It was my great pleasure to have him obtain this book, for It answers my student better than any other that I am currently aware can. If your interest is not in the sea, but in being a good manager or leader, read this book. If your life consists of dealing with those above you taking unfair advantage of you, read this book. If you are overwhelmed with the feeling that life has not given you what you deserve, read this book. If you believe that every person in authority in any company is only clawing their way up the golden ladder that you will never be allowed to touch; read this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment